I am a publishing professional with more than a decade of editing and proofreading experience.
My professional background
I was a newspaper sub-editor in south London for more than seven years, responsible for designing pages, picture editing, and writing headlines and captions, as well as copy-editing and proofreading. Previously I had worked in publishing teams at UK universities and research institutes.
As a freelance copy-editor and proofreader I specialise in working with international organisations, charities and businesses, and in particular editing non-native English. I also work with publishers, students and individuals. I am familiar with British, North American and Australian English.
Other services I offer.
- Publication design (eg. two-page text-based story with images, one-page infographic, wedding order of service/invitation, business flier)
- Spanish (to English) translation
- Audiobook proofing
- Photoshop work
Qualifications and membership.
- Intermediate member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP) in the UK (formerly the Society for Editors and Proofreaders). I follow the CIEP Code of Practice and have completed their Copy-editing 1, Copy-editing 2, Editing with Word, and Web Editing courses (2016-2019)
- Adobe InDesign: stage 2 course at City Lit (2020)
- BA (Hons) degree in Spanish and French, and PG Dip in Journalism
- Member of the NUJ and the Freelance Alliance
- Find me on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn